Thursday, January 27, 2011

Slowly but surely, and I happen to rock!

I was recently informed that my blog was severely lacking, to put it nicely. So update I will! First, since it's all about me, isn't it? ;) I rock. You should all know that. But in case you were in doubt check out these pictures! I made homemade tortillas! Now for all of you who've done this before, you're like, "yeah? and?" because it turns out it's really quite simple, for for the rest of us gueras out there this was brave new territory! Here are some pics of my tastiness:


You have to roll them super thin, cool if you remembered to flour first!

Ta Da!
Now for the slowly but surely bit; I've been trying to grow broccoli for I don't know how long now. (You can look it up on here if you're terribly interested.) And courtesy of a forgotten sprinkler and the bizarre weather we have (freezing, 55, freezing, 55, my plants are going to need therapy) most of my garden has gone to heaven. However, the broccoli lives! One I had to cut so many leaves off I didn't know if there was any hope, but I didn't toss it and low and behold the little bugger is trying! I'm so proud! Here are pictures:
Plucky buggers!

The little broccoli that could!
Now let's see if they can live long enough to make something edible!


No comments:

Post a Comment